Who we are
The Classical Languages Teachers Association Inc. is a professional organisation in Australia of teachers of Classical Languages, which aims to keep teachers informed about, and generally to foster, the teaching of Latin and Classical Greek. It is co-sponsor of the journal Classicum with the Classical Association of New South Wales. It conducts a wide range of activities for the professional development of teachers and fostering the skills and enthusiasm of students.
Find us on Facebook!
Our Office Bearers
- President: Emily Matters
- Vice-President: Chloe Hardwick Jones
- Secretary: Alison Chau
- Treasurer: Robert Marshall
The CLTA organises a number of activities and events for students and teachers of Latin and Ancient Greek. Full details including dates and registrations are on the Events page (members only)
- Cicero Concordia Competition - Years 11/12
- Senior Students' Dinner - Years 11/12
- Kevin Lee Quiz - Years 7-10
- Year 12 Latin Seminar day
- Year 9 Latin Reading Competition
- Rosemary Davies Art and Design Competition
- Year 8 Latin Camp
- Carol Manners Essay Competition
- Professional Development opportunities for teachers.